Hours & Directions
General Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Dental Clinic Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm
The Douglas County Health Department is located at:
1250 E US Hwy 36
Tuscola, Illinois 61953
Telephone: (217) 253-4137
Fax: (217) 253-3421
If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1. For non-life threatening emergencies, outside our regular office hours, please call the non-emergency line for the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department at 217-253-3511 and they will contact us. Thank you.
- From I-57: Take the Tuscola Exit from North or South. At the stop sign or light, proceed EAST on US Hwy 36. Travel approximately 1 1/2 miles. The Douglas County Health Department will be located on the North (left) side of the road, at the corner of US Hwy 36 and County Road 1250 East.
- From Rte 130: At the Junction of US Hwy 36, travel WEST towards Tuscola. Approximately 1 1/2 miles BEFORE you reach Tuscola, there will be a sign for Filson. The Health Department is located 1/4 of a mile PAST this sign, at the corner of US Hwy 36 and County Road 1250 East.
- For Local Travelers: The Douglas County Health Department is located 1 1/2 miles EAST of Tuscola on US Hwy 36. The location is between the Stone Quarry and the turn-off for Filson Road. The building is located on the North side of the road, at the corner of US Hwy 36 and County Road 1250 East.
Can’t find it? Give us a call at 217-253-4137!
- Click here for employee directory and contact information
- Click here to view DCHD Board Members
- Click here to view DCHD Dental Staff